Be Bright at Night Campaign Update
As part of our Be Bright at Night Safety Awareness Campaign, Jackson Township Stages Data Driven Speed Sign at West Boulevard.
By now you may have noticed, or have driven by, the Speed Sign on West Blvd. So, the LCRA Board thought everyone should know that it is not just your ordinary sign that indicates your speed only. So here follows is information about the special sign:
- The sign will be staged for three (3) separate five (5) day periods in June, July, and August.
- The sign will be located or placed at different locations for each Five (5) period.
- The sign collects certain data that Jackson Township will share with our Membership in order to make our Lake Cable neighborhoods safer for all.
- Data provided will include the average speed, the percentage of cars going at or below the speed limit of 25 MPH, the percentage of cars between 26-35 MPH, and the percentage of cars over and above 35 MPH (Considered “Excessive”).
- Amongst other information, data will also include the number of cars for various daily time slots.
- The sign does not collect personal information like license plates numbers, nor photos/videos of cars, etc.
- Thank you, Jackson Township, especially Trustee John Pizzino, Chief Fiscal Officer, Randy Gonzalez and Jackson Police Department Chief, Mark Brink for their efforts and support of our Be Bright at Night Safety Awareness Campaign.
Look for complete monthly data in upcoming Newsletters and a full report at the Wednesday, November 17th Annual meeting.
Things to Know: Members Can Win Valuable Prizes
- The official Kick Off starts Tuesday, June 1, 2021. Look for your Official (numbered) Entry Form for the June Prize Drawing as an insert in the June Newsletter.
Note: It is suggested that Members Read the Contest Rules on the reverse side of the Official Entry Form.
- To win valuable prizes, be sure to correctly complete the Entry form, then drop it off at the office during normal business hours, 9am to 5pm, on or before Wednesday, June 30, 2021. If mailed, it must be postmarked on or before June 30, 2021 to be eligible for the June drawing.
- The drawing for the June prizes will at or around the week of Monday, July 5th. Three randomly chosen available members will be asked to attend the drawing.
The prizes for June drawing are as follows:
- Toastmaster 6 Qt. Digital Pressure Cooker (1)
- Cleveland Indians umbrella (2)
- Water-proof Cell phone bags (2)
- LED Headlamps for walking or bicycling (2)
- High Visibility Hat (1)
- Runner’s Vest (2)
- Casio Fishing Watch (1)
- Blue, Bright Yellow Umbrella (1)
- Lake Cable History Book (1)
- Lake Cable History Book (1)
The Be Bright at Night Campaign Prizes above were only possible because of our 8 sponsors who have donated $500 each in cash or in-kind gifts.
PLEASE Support Our sponsors and their businesses. Sponsors are:
- Ernie’s Bicycle Shops
- Visiting Angels-Member Sandi Dougherty
- Saffell’s Barber Shop-Member Jeremy Saffell
- Beaver Contractors, Inc.-Member Ted Scheetz
- Member Jeffrey and Heather Fisher
- Member Neal and Marie Genshaft
- WRL Advertising-Member Jeff LeBeau
- Powell Chiropractic Clinic-Member Dr. Jim Powell
Three Monthly (June, July, August) drawings for Prizes and one Grand Prize Drawing at our Annual Meeting November 10, 2021
Safety Awareness signs placed throughout our Lake Cable neighborhoods
Official Entry Forms available as inserts in The Lake Cable newsletter commencing with the June newsletter.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS? The Board would like to increase the awareness and reach of LCRA’s Be Bright at Night Campaign with the purpose in mind to make our streets, boulevards, and surrounding areas safer for all of our Members and neighbors’ while driving, walking, and bicycling.
Note these important messages:
-Refrain from walking or bicycling when it is DARK or after sunset.
-If you walk or ride, day, or night, wear bright REFLECTIVE clothing.
-Walkers should always walk AGAINST the traffic.
-Bicycles should have front and back flashing LIGHTS.
-The speed limit around Lake Cable is 25 MPH.
–ATTENTIVE drivers are the best drivers.
Note: If you did not get your Newsletter or Official Entry Form,
call or visit the LCRA office immediately.
Tel. 330-499 -2608